We are delighted to announce the launch of our Southampton Warmth For All (SWFA) project. Building on the success of our previous energy efficiency projects in the Southampton area, SWFA will be helping residents address cold, damp and high energy costs in their homes.
With funding from the Scottish Power Energy People Trust, the project will be running over the coming year, helping hundreds of people in Southampton to reduce their electricity and heating bills, and make their homes warmer and more comfortable.
The new project will focus on preventing and mitigating the effects of fuel poverty and energy debt, in particular among those moving into new accommodation or living independently for the first time, or those who need extra support due to illness, disability or families with young children.
The free and confidential service can help with:
- Home energy efficiency,
- Draught-proofing (and the materials to do it),
- Switching energy tariff or supplier,
- Dealing with fuel debt,
- Reducing energy usage at home,
- Setting heating and hot water controls,
- Condensation and mould,
- Applying for Warm Home Discount.
- Workshops and drop-in sessions in community locations around Southampton*
- Home visits with one of our Energy Advisors*
- Advice surgeries at the Environment Centre office*
*These services may be subject to availability and eligibility criteria.
Please see our SWFA project page for the latest updates on when and where our drop-in sessions will be running.
To find out more about the support we offer please call Freephone 0800 804 8601
(Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.) or email firstname.lastname@example.org