Our Environmental Policy
All of the activities engaged in by the Environment Centre (tEC) are intended to promote action by individuals, businesses and other organisations to reduce their environmental impact and increase the sustainability of their lifestyles and practices. the Environment Centre (tEC) is committed to leading by example, by minimising the negative environmental impacts of our activities, enhancing our significant positive impacts and communicating this effectively to all staff, volunteers, directors, customers, suppliers and the public. We are committed to continually improve our environmental performance and prevent pollution resulting from our activities.
In the course of our activities we will:
- Raise awareness of the environmental and sustainability issues among our customers, suppliers and the public by providing accurate information and high quality services;
- Ensure we are compliant with legislation as an absolute minimum and meet the requirements of partners and external funding bodies;
- Implement and maintain management systems that will effectively manage and reduce our negative environmental impacts and improve our services;
- Continually improve our services to meet the needs of customers and funders;
- Encourage good environmental practice by all staff, volunteers and directors including the provision of training where needed;
- Minimise energy consumption and waste production at the office;
- Encourage the use of sustainable transport options by staff, volunteers and directors both for business travel and travel to work;
- Encourage suppliers and contractors to minimise their negative environmental impacts;
- Review this environmental policy to ensure it reflects the practice and ideals of the Environment Centre (tEC), its staff and directors.