View our upcoming events
Follow us on Twitter!Follow @tECSouthampton
Government grants available to help you keep warm
Keeping warm is important, especially in the colder weather, when some people find themselves spending more time at home. These improvements are designed to help you to keep warmer, healthier and more comfortable in your home.
If you think you are eligible for the Warm Front scheme - apply now. An appointment will be made for a technical surveyor to visit you and discuss what energy efficiency and heating measures are suitable for your home.
You could claim a grant for heating and insulation if you own your home or rent it from a private landlord, and you are on certain benefits.
1. Pension Credit
2. Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (that includes a work-related activity or support component.)
3. Income Support Allowance (ISA) OR
4. Income-based Job Seekers Allowance (JSA), with one of the following;
- A Pensioner Premium
- A Disability or Severe Disability Premium (DP)
- Disabled Child Premium (DCP)
- Child Tax Credit (which includes a disability or severe disability element for a child or young person)
- A child under the age of five living with you
Warm Front will organise and pay for all work up to the value of the grant. This scheme is funded by the Government and managed by Carillion Energy Services. All you have to do is call free on 0800 316 2814 or apply online at www.warmfront.co.uk to find out if you’re eligible.