This section features case study examples of best practice in sustainable construction, across the participant regions of South East England, Belgium Flanders, Groot-Rijnmond and West-Noord-Brabant.
Case studies range from energy efficient residential developments to low-emission office buildings, and focus on a wide range of design and construction areas, including:
- Use of renewables,
- Maximisation of site characteristics,
- Building design,
- Construction methods and materials,
- Building with climatic conditions,
- Promotion / conservation of biodiversity,
- Schemes recognised by high Code for Sustainable Homes and BREEAM ratings
- Difficulties / issues faced and solutions found.
Long-term projects will be followed, and further case studies will be regularly added. Please check back for updates.
Page last updated: 12 May 2010