tEC's Energy Outreach Team has been proactive in delivering projects to help tackle fuel poverty in the region. We have worked alongside community groups, local authorities and other charities to provide training and outreach. Our aim is to increase awareness of the seriousness of fuel poverty, and to facilitate increased uptake of energy efficiency grants.
tEC can offer the following services to the public and voluntary sectors:
- GIS mapping of fuel poverty statistics
- Training for frontline staff and volunteers
- Information stands for events
- Promotion of our free telephone advice line
- Educational workshops in schools and colleges
- Advice on developing a fuel poverty strategy
Please contact us on 023 8033 6172 for more information about these services. Wherever our funding allows we will provide the services free of charge. However, if there are costs involved we are happy to discuss these.
We currently have exciting volunteering opportunities for residents of Southampton who are concerned about fuel poverty. Please visit our vacancies page for more information.