How to continue?
The webinar just gives a quick insight in C2C design. The next step is to realize and develop a good view on feasibility and wishfulness of the concept and to start work on it yourself. Take the examples you like and include your own ambitions and visions.
Webinar 1: 'Cradle-to-Cradle' (English)
This is the main webinar within the training programmes. It is about Cradle-to-Cradle, also named as Cradle-2-Cradle or C2C. It is a new way to look at environmental friendliness and eco-efficiency. It is not about doing the right things, but about doing the things right. This webinar uses a number of elements:
- youtube films, providing for an introduction in C2C
- some presentations and powerpoints coming from the C2C seminar in Schiedam (NL) in September 2010
- some links to C2C-sites for further information
For more information on C2C you may contact EPEA.
Introduction to C2C
We are not too many, we are to stupid. We have to work on positive goals. We can make things that cleans air, instead of being less toxic.
These Youtube-videos offer an introduction in the C2C-concept.
- The first is a general introduction film on C2C
- The second is a presentation by Prof. Braungart on C2C. Prof. Dr. Michael Braungart, CEO of EPEA, co-founder of the Cradle-to-Cradle concept, has been talking about the C2C economy at ECO11 in Berlin. His main message: we need to do the right things, not doing the things right!
- The third is an interview with Prof. Braungart and Prof. McDonought, the second co-founder of the C2C-concept.
Webinar on 'Cradle-to-Cradle'
The seminar "Sustainability pays" was held on the 22nd of September by the municipality of Schiedam and the Stadsregio Rijnmond (city region). The setup of the seminar was based on the wish of the city of Schiedam to approach this meeting from the viewpoint of the Cradle 2 Cradle principles.
The Cradle 2 Cradle principles were first described and developed by Dr. Michael Braungart, together with William McDonought. The purpose of this approach is “Doing things better, not less bad“. Not downcycling but upcycling of goods is the aim. Sustainability is only part of this approach. The main target of the seminar was to listen to and discuss with entrepreneurs the incubation of cleantech concepts and the clean restructering of industrial sites. These entrepreneurs are involved in sustainability in the context of Cradle 2 Cradle.
C2C seminar is presented as a webinar!
The seminar was a day program with keynote speakers including Dr. Michael Braungart. Other speakers were representatives of a group of active and front-running companies, for instance Mrs. Ellis ten dam of Royal Haskoning, Mr. Otto Frieling of Gansewinkel, Mr. Eric-Jan Wesemann of Clean Tech Delta and Mr. Maurice van de Meer of ICDUBO (Innovation Centre for sustainable building). An interview with Mr. Stef Kranendonk of DESSO has been added to show the involvement of industry in the concept.